Thursday, December 27, 2007

Radio Shack - Bad Batteries


I quickly noticed when I purchased a couple of replacement phone batteries for my local auto repair business in Springboro, Ohio that the store clerk was eager to take the old ones for recycling. This I found odd since they do not offer to dispose of alkaline batteries....

After purchasing 6 batteries only to have them die after 20 minutes of use (yes they were charged for 24 hrs before use), I had this thought that maybe there was something wrong with the phones and not the battery. So, I purchased 2 batteries from Interstate Batteries online ( they sell more than car batteries to my surprise ). These Interstate batteries are working just like the ones that came with the phone and will work for two days without a recharge.

After searching the Net for anyone Else's bad experience, I wasn't to surprised to see many posts warning people away from buying batteries from Radio Shack. Ex: http://www.my3cents.com/showReview.cgi?id=28256

And I also agree with this statement : I ADVISE ALL NOT TO BUY RADIO SHACK BATTERIES, THEY ARE UNRELIABLE AND RADIO SHACK WILL NOT BACK UP THEIR WARRANTY.

No comments:

Post a Comment