Monday, February 23, 2009

2006 Chevy Trailblazer EXT 4.2eng Vin S, has a idling problem


My 2006 Chevy Trailblazer EXT 4.2eng Vin S, has a idling problem. It started when it began to get cold a couple of months ago. I am now in Germany, and of course it's freezing. My RPM reads at about 500. It tends to go up and down between maybe 300-500. This also causes my voltage meter on the dash to fluctuate at the same time which inturn causes all my lights to dim. I was told that I need to have my throttle body cleaned. As always, is this something that I can do or, is this even the problem?


Answer:

The first thing I would do is remove your air intake and clean your throttle body really good. If this is dirty it will cause a low idle and shut the vehicle off at times. I would then do a fuel injection cleaning on the vehicle. If the problem is still there I would look into your MAP (Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor) which is located on top of your intake toward the back and ensure it is good. Let me konw what you find and we can go from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment