Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Starting Trouble


Question:

2003 GMC Suburban, mileage: 95,000. When I turn the key all dash messages come up as normal and I can hear the starter solenoid switch, yet the starter and engine will not turn over. It appeared that I had full electrical power (bright lights etc.). I jumped it, charged it still wouldn't start. I took the battery in; they tested the battery and determined that it was bad. I replaced with new battery. I still have the same problems and symptoms. Checked fuses, all look good. A couple weeks ago I turned key and this happened, then tried a couple more times and it fired up strong. Since then it has started repeatedly without problems, now symptom has returned. What are the most likely problems?


Answer:

More than likely, the starter is shorted and needs replacing.

No comments:

Post a Comment