Tuesday, September 2, 2008

My 2000 Caddy Dts is over heating. Yes it has a blown head

QUESTION:
My 2000 Caddy Dts is over heating. Yes it has a blown head gasket no doubt. However I want to solve the overheating problem that blew the gasket. The car overheats in 20 minutes. The upper radiator hose has burst twice. The water pump and thermostat are both new. I don't understand why there is enough pressure to burst the hose but not not venting from the reservoir cap at 16psi. Should the cap blow first before the hose. I feel there is a blockage some where. Can anyone help me with how the coolant flows so maybe i can find the blockage if there is one.

ANSWER:
From what you have stated, the problem would be the radiator cap. The cap should open at 16 psi and since it busted a hose, it had to be over 16 psi which means the cap should have opened up to releave the pressure into the overflow tank.

Engine Cooling System

No comments:

Post a Comment