Thursday, October 2, 2008

1997 pathfinder 3.3 v6 motor. i am getting no fire at all

QUESTION:
i have a 1997 pathfinder 3.3 v6 motor. i am getting no fire at all. i know there is a crank sensor and the dist. can anyone tell which is more likely to be the cause? i have some people tell they are bad for the dist. and then others tell the crank sensor

ANSWER:
The Cam sensor is the most common on that year Pathfinder. That is the one in the distributor. With no spark conditions, thats the first place I check! The way I check it is with a multimeter. I check voltages and grounds. If I have them, then it's normally the distributor. ( B/W wire = Battery voltage & B wire = ground.)Are you able to scan for codes? That would definitely help which it could be. I have really never seen those crank sensors fail, where I have seen distributor fail. I have also seen allot of New after market distributors not work also. Not to say that may happen to you, but please keep that in mind if you decide to go that route.

No comments:

Post a Comment