Thursday, October 9, 2008

key sometimes gets stuck and I'm not able to get the key out

QUESTION:
I have a 2002 buick regal. The key sometimes gets stuck and I'm not able to get the key out.I had a sensor replaced but that didn't solve the problem. Can you help me? the gm dealer put a new sensor on a week ago but i still have the same problem. I turn the wheel in different directions no results. I then move the car turn off the key again. sometimes that will work other times it won't.

ANSWER:
I have had to replace the upper steering shaft housing for a problem that you could not take apart & see.This is the housing that holds the lock cylinder.Sometimes these castings exhibit characteristics(exact fit) that you cannot pick out ,but one works good & the other does not.

No comments:

Post a Comment