Thursday, July 10, 2008

I recently replaced the alternator

Question:
I recently replaced the alternator in my 1997 GMC Sierra. However, when I initially start the truck it still cranks on the starter initially. The starter is good, so I believe there may be a problem in the fuel injection system. Until I can get that checked out though I have received two pieces of conflicting advice about how to keep from ruining the starter and I was wondering which is the better of the two. 1) use starter fluid 2) run fuel cleaner every tank of gas

Answer:
I would have a fuel pressure test done and see what you have for pressure, if the pressure is low the truck will be hard to start. You can run fuel injector cleaner about every 3000 miles i would use and injector cleaner called chevron techron. As far as I'm concerned its the best stuff for cleaning the injectors and the upper intake system, I wouldn't keep using starting it can cause damage over time.

No comments:

Post a Comment