Saturday, July 19, 2008

started bogging and know I cant go over 5 miles an hour in first gear

Question:
I have a 2002 Nissan Sentra and i think I hit the converter when I bottomed out going up a bridge last week. Yesterday I was driving home and it started bogging and know I cant go over 5 miles an hour in first gear, and it is surging real bad.

Answer:
It is very possible when you bottomed out you created a restriction in the exhaust. From what you are describing, that is exactly what it sounds like. If you look under the car, can you see any damage such as bent exhaust pipes? The best way to verify a restriction in the exhaust system(if you don't have a vacuum gage) is to remove the exhaust bolts from the front pipe and drive the car- if it has power then you know the problem is in the exhaust.

No comments:

Post a Comment