Sunday, November 9, 2008

I got my Chavailier serviced, car died & I couldn't get it started

Question:
Last Saturday I got my Chavailier serviced. Afterwards I went 5 miles & the car started to make a knocking sound, then started to shake. I pulled off the road into a driveway. The car died & I couldn't get it started. I called a tow truck & had it towed back to where I had it serviced. They said my timing chain went & it caused a rod to put 2 holes in the engine & I had no oil. I now of course need a new engine. Another mechanic told me that if the timing chain went, my car would have immediately stopped. He said either I had not had oil put back in the car, the plug was not put back properly or the wrong filter was installed. Who is right? Of course I was told I need to pay for a new engine.

Answer:
Another mechanic told me that if the timing chain went, my car would have immediately stopped. He said either I had not had oil put back in the car, the plug was not put back properly or the wrong filter was installed. Who is right?

This Mechanic is right. If the timing chain failed it would die immediately. And if the chain broke, it would not cause a rod to do anything....

No comments:

Post a Comment