Friday, November 28, 2008

I am having problem with my 97 aurora, it wont start


Question:

I am having problem with my 1997 Oldsmobile aurora 4.0l, it wont start in the mourning but once it is warm it starts without a problem. If you turn the key 5-6 times in the mourning to build up pressure the car starts first try. Is this the fuel pump? Already Tried: I changed the fuel pressure regulator and it did not help. I also started to put fuel injector cleaner and it helped but it still has trouble starting.


Answer:

That could be the fuel pump, however, you will want to check the pressure with and without the return blocked off. Most times it is that the fuel pump is letting the pressure leak back into the tank. You can check it with a fuel pressrue gauge, as in the picture. It should hold @ 48-55 PSI or a good 10 minutes after the pump stops (rest pressure)


Most Likely it is just the IAC Valve sticking, this is why it starts fine when it is already warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment