Sunday, November 16, 2008

intermittently experienced a rubbing sound when moving into or out of a parking space

I have a 2003 Trailblazer Ext with @ 63,000 miles. The past two years I have intermittently experienced a rubbing sound when moving into or out of a parking space. On a few occasions, I have lost my powersteering. I just had the powersteering system flushed and replaced new fluid. I also was told that the serpentine belt was showing signs of cracking and it was replaced. My dealer cannot get the problem to duplicate while they have the car. When I picked my car up yesterday after having this work done, it immediately made the loud rubbing noise when I was backing out of the parking spot and again when I pulled forward. Of course, the mechanics were all gone for the evening. Help Me!!! What could be causing this?

The car has the factory rims and the replacement tires are exactly the same as the original equipment.

Answer:
In your case, you are looking at needing to have the power-steering pump replaced to eliminate the intermittent loss of power steering if it reoccurs. If you are hearing the noise only when turn the wheel all the way, this is normal. The noise is the fluid bypassing in the power steering to keep the pressure from busting a hose.

If this is an abnormal noise, it could possible be worn hub bearings or ball joints. It sounds like the shop needs to dig a little deeper to pin point the exact cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment